Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Perfection is my enemy..

Disclaimer: I am all over the place person with my writing. It's just how I write. Sorry! :)

Today is Week 4 Day 2 of C25K. It's a nice sunny day here in Hoptown; so I am going to take advantage of the nice weather and run a bit with my hubby and Baxter. I am still struggling with trying to find a good pace, but I know that I will hoping for sooner than later...lol.

I was driving around yesterday and this song came on The Way FM and I'll leave you with the lyrics because it's exactly how I feel as of right now. I think so many people don't understand why I believe in Him because they want "real" evidence. But I say look around. In a world full of pain, hurt, etc, I still see the beauty that only He can bring. Despite the chaos and mess I've created in my past this loving God saved me from myself. And it's still a constant struggle for me to believe in myself, I'm hoping that one day I can see the light and completely understand it all. 

Running helps me think. It brings such a different side of me. A battle within me that I feel like I'm on an adventure. Sometimes as silly as this may sound I picture myself running from the enemy's grips. Run from the past, Run from the insecurities, Run from the fear, Run for freedom to just be me.  As bona fide as this verse in the song I'm about to share with you is true about how I feel now, I believe that God has truly put a new fire in me that 2012 is a year that I claim victory! "But perfection is my enemy. On my own I'm so clumsy. But on Your shoulders I can see. I'm free to be me!" -Francesca Battistelli "Free To Be Me"

 Enough typing for now. I'm off to RUN! 

TSCHUSS!

2 comments:

  1. I am a big fan of Francesca Battistelli and this song is my fav. have a good run!!! A-Train toot toot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll find your pace, just keep at it! I believe in you girl, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete