Friday, January 13, 2012

It Took More Than a Day to Put It On. It Will Take More Than a Day to Take It Off.

My weigh in results... -2.4lbs. I am so thankful! PTL! (Praise the Lord) because it's a military thing...acronyms. Gotta love 'em!

I was browsing this website because a friend of mine posted on your FB wall a picture of a girl running in cold weather conditions. So, I browsed a few more posters on there site. If you need more inspiration please head to http://www.fitbie.com/ they have some empowering posters.

Anywho...back to the topic. I saw this and thought how true. I know most expect a dramatic weight lost right away. Don't we all? I mean if I can find a product or a workout that allows me to drop a hundred pounds in one week I'd do it. But a friend of mine who went on this weight-loss journey a few years back really inspired me and really just told it how it is. IT'S A LIFESTYLE CHANGE. After thinking about it, it truly is. What I love about WW is the fact that it teaches me portion control and helps me visually see the choices I make and how they effect me. I want this weight-loss so bad. The poster reminds me that it's going to be a process...a lifestyle change. It took years to put it on and it's going to be a while until I get to that goal weight, but I'm okay with that.

 But I also want to make sure I line it up with how great my God is. God has really shown me what I can do if I put Him first. It's HIS strength that pushes me to run longer, to go out there despite weather conditions and run. It's HIS grace that shows me that I can do everything through Him. When the days I don't feel like it, He reminds me with a yes, you can. I am just so thankful.

Also a huge thank you to all of you who read this and have posted on FB encouraging words and have prayed for me on this journey...THANK YOU! It truly means the world to me. I know those prayers are working!

Words of encouragement for those who are also on this journey....Don't give up. It's a process...just know you are stronger than you think you are. Prayers to you all this week. Whatever you are facing may our Lord provide that peace, strength,and word to encourage you through your journey. MAHALO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment