Monday, January 9, 2012

A New Found Fire

Today I've decided I will be writing to you all on Sundays (more like Mondays) and Fridays; which is my weigh-in day. The reason is sometimes I just don't know what to write about. Haha, and also so I can give you all an update on how I am doing.

Again many thanks to all of you who read this and who have prayed for me and continue to pray for me on this wonderful path that God is leading me on. I'm so thankful!

This week is Week 6 of Ease to 5K. I'll be experiencing my first full 20 minutes of running this Thursday. Tomorrow (Tuesday) I'll be running two intervals of 9 minutes and a 3 minute walk in between. My main and foremost important focus is that I give the Lord the glory and praise in helping me through this path. And second that I can consistently run without stopping for a decent period of time. Though my time may be a bit high, but that's okay. I want to be able to count the mileage and than maybe start on some core/endurance workouts down the road. If you don't know yet, I've decided not to run the Country Music Marathon this April. I personally felt it was way too soon for me to try it out. I want to be able to do well. So, there is a marathon coming up in Dec. for the St. Jude's Children Hospital in Memphis. My hubby and I have decided that it would be an awesome time for us to do it. It will be close to the year mark of me running and hopefully by that time I've gotten close to my weight loss goal. YAY!

I know you are wondering well what program are you going to start after the 5k program...well, my lovely friends, I'm going to be starting the Bridge to the 10K which is a 6 week program and after that...the Hal Hidgons program which is 12 weeks of training for the 1/2. I'm super excited and up for the challenge.

This new found fire in me is totally the Lord. Have you ever felt that this is where you are suppose to be? This is where God wants me to be. This year is different from the rest. Whatever God has in store for us is huge and I'm so thankful for His love and mercy.

Wherever you are on your journey, know that God loves you. And His plan is AMAZING! I pray that all of you have a wonderful, blessed week. And that you feel encouraged. The hard part of any journey is the starting point....Mahalo!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you. You have a great plan all laid out in how you're going to accomplish this goal, you saw that your initial goal was not something you'd be able to do and found a new one and a great plan to go with it. Keep going girl, and before you know it, you'll be down in Memphis running that 1/2 marathon! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you friend! I know the encouragement and prayers are so motivating for me. Thank you, love you friend!

    ReplyDelete